Paid Time Off (PTO)
All full-time team members will receive 10 days PTO a year which will accrue on a monthly basis. Any unused PTO time will roll over at the end of each year with a total standing cap of 80hrs.
Team members with over 5 years of consecutive full time employment at the company will receive 15 days PTO a year which will accrue on a monthly basis.
All full-time team members will receive 3 sick days (for physical or mental health) each year, which will accrue on a monthly basis. Any unused sick time will roll over at the end of each year with a total standing cap of 24hrs.
All full-time team members will receive their birthday off each year as a Paid Holiday. This is a special perk that should be taken within 4 workdays (+/- ) from your birthday. Go celebrate!
Process for Requesting PTO or UTO (Unpaid Time Off)
To assure the rest of the team is able to plan accordingly, PTO requests should be planned in advance, with a general policy for a week advance notice for every day in a row you are requesting.
In addition to PTO, UTO can be requested or taken for vacation days or additional sick days.
- All time off requests should be sent to your direct manager for approval first. Manager-approved time off should then be forwarded to Studio Manager, email@example.com, for team scheduling in Forecast.
- Once your manager has approved the time off request through email, please log into Gusto and request through your portal following these instructions. Please include a note of how many hours you would like as PTO vs. UTO.Example Note In Gusto:
Hi, I’d like to take 5 days off for my upcoming vacation!
– 32 hours PTO
– 8 hours UTO
Process for Submitting Sick Days
- Send an email to your manager letting them know you will be out sick, and CC any others on the team who may need to know as well.
- Log into Gusto and track the time you are out sick (can be tracked in 2hr increments).
- Note: If an employee has used all of their Sick Days and additional days are needed off from work, the time will automatically be taken from PTO days in Gusto, unless otherwise requested as UTO. If no Sick Days or PTO days are available, it will automatically be tracked in Gusto as UTO.
Below is a list of national holidays that Makers & Allies observes. These 10 days are PAID and the entire office shuts its’ doors. We have included a list of both the 2021 & 2022 holidays for a glimpse into the future so you can plan ahead for that camping trip or friend’s wedding.
2021 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day – Friday, January 1st
- President’s Day – Monday, February 15th
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31st
- Independence Day – Monday, July 5th (recognized day after)
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 25th
- Day After Thanksgiving – Friday, November 26th
- Christmas Eve – Friday, December 24th
- Christmas Day – recognized Thursday, December 23rd (X-mas falls on a Saturday)
- New Year’s Eve – Friday, December 31st
2022 Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 3rd
- President’s Day – Monday, February 21st
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30th
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4th
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 24th
- Day After Thanksgiving – Friday, November 25th
- Christmas Eve – Friday, December 23rd (recognized day before)
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 26th (recognized day after)
- New Year’s Eve – Friday, December 30th (recognized day before)
During the winter Holiday season of Christmas and the New Year, we will typically slow down the projects in the studio so there aren’t any major reviews and client meetings. This is a great time to take additional days off to recharge, take a trip, or spend some time with friends & family – if you choose to take additional days off during these two weeks (outside the PAID Holidays), you can submit it through Gusto as either PTO or UTO.